For those interested in nudis...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes! i am trying to compile a compendium of slugs...got 3 japanese books on slugs and nothing else... :D

very nice!!!!!!

Very impressive collection! Thanks for letting us see it.

Wonderful pictures. Thanks much for sharing them with us.

Thanks, Everyone! I know some of the shots are terrible, but at least it gives me an ongoing project :wink:

The names are from a variety of sources and mostly cross-referenced where I could. www.seaslugforum.net; 1001 Nudibranchs by Neville Coleman; Nudibranchs & Sea Snails Indo Pacific Field Guide by Helmut Debelius; WA Sea Slugs by Bryce are a few...

I don't like "common" names for these guys - virtually all in the 1001 book are simply made up and most people I talk to don't actually have common names at all for them beyond "orange spotted white nudi"!

Some are still outstanding or questionable and I am working to update these as I can...

Wow....what great combinations of colors. I don't think I've ever seen so many at one time. Thanks for sharing them.

I'm not really a nudie fan but after looking at all those I decided the spikey ones are my favorites. Like this one...
8823mord_brockii.jpg

Back
Top Bottom