For the fun of it. Who's your dive op?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did resort dive in 2009. I got certified in 2010. Wife could not due to ear problems.

For our Christmas 2010 trip, I had e-mailed Scuba with Allison and she said would be on vacation at that time and referred me to a Dive Op who used to work for her. She told me to contact Chucho Nunez and gave me his contact information.

Chucho runs a six pack boat and make sure that I was matched up with some one of similar ability or I dive with him. He is reliable, on time, varies dive sites according to where the group wants to go and never limits anyone's dive time.

Contact Info:
Chucho Underwater - Dive in Cozumel
https://www.facebook.com/chucho.nunez.12?fref=ts
chuchochimay@hotmail.com

Oh, it's a long story. On my first trip to Coz, I dived with Living Underwater, largely based on recommendations from this board. Although I never saw the owner, DM Jeremy was great but I had problems with a herniated disc so only did one or two dives. Then I started hearing bad stuff about the op on the internet so tried a bunch of other ops (Pelagic Ventures, Blue XTSea, Papa Hogs, Blue Angel). At a party I ran into Jeremy who told me he had bought out the previous owners of LU and I have been diving with him ever since. That would be quite a few years now but he is EXACTLY my style (slow, slow slow!). And service par excellence. To this day, after every trip, he asks me what he needs to do to keep my business. If I had to pick a back-up op, it would be Blue Angel, but for a pile of different reasons. They don't pick me up in town but it's a fairly short bike ride from my house.

Eagle ray since 2008 they are like family now

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

1985 - Dive Paradise.

I still remember lobsters grilled on the beach between dives. Life was good

Since then I've dove with Galapago Inn (now SCC), Aqua Safaris, Deep Blue, Felipe Quinones .... and since 1995 Aldora. Gotta start planning the 30yr anniversary trip :cool2:

Bob
Bethesda, MD.

My ALL-TIME-FAVORITE and CURRENT OP is Scuba with Alison!!

We started diving with her on Thanksgiving Day, 2004 (on a cruise ship stop.) She's now our dive op, our friend, and pretty darn near to family after all these years!! One of these days I'll need to count the number of trips, and dives we done with her, but it's been a lot!! Love her to death and can't imagine diving with anyone else anymore. Mostly previous to SWA, we also dove with Scuba Club Cozumel, Papa Hoggs, and Blue Angel. Enjoyed both PH & BA, but having been spoiled by SWA, it's kinda hard to go back ......

My ALL-TIME-FAVORITE and CURRENT OP is Scuba with Alison!!

We started diving with her on Thanksgiving Day, 2004 (on a cruise ship stop.) She's now our dive op, our friend, and pretty darn near to family after all these years!! One of these days I'll need to count the number of trips, and dives we done with her, but it's been a lot!! Love her to death and can't imagine diving with anyone else anymore. Mostly previous to SWA, we also dove with Scuba Club Cozumel, Papa Hoggs, and Blue Angel. Enjoyed both PH & BA, but having been spoiled by SWA, it's kinda hard to go back ......

And after all that she still likes me more..... odd..... But she said not to tell you....

:tongue2:

cvchief....I think Dirty- Dog is stocking you......!

Papa Hog's is who I use. Marg is great and has a good op going. I like the staff and location. Like all ops it has an off day now and then matching up people in the boat but it offers safe DM's and great service for a competitive price. This year I may hook up with Dirty Dog at Aldora just to give them a shot. I know most of the staff there, great bunch of folks and have shared a beer and cigar in the yard now and then.

Scuba shack, located next door to Ernesto's. Made several trips to coz and have only gone out with them. I know there are many great ops on coz, but I've been very pleased with them. I've enjoyed every dive. Good dive masters and captains. Good safety practices and personal service. My wife was certified with them. Took a lot of one on one to get her comfortable. I don't think she would have done it without Roberta's help. I don't have anything negative to say about anyone else, but we love scuba shack and will dive with them as long as they keep up this kind of service.

And after all that she still likes me more..... odd..... But she said not to tell you....

:tongue2:

Ignore him... it's the rum talking.
No worries ... he just THINKS Alison likes him more ..... but us girls, we stick together. He needs to start worrying about his February trip when he'll be out on the boat with Alison, Susanita AND me ..... CV and Carlos will be shaking in their shorts! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom