For the diver who has everything...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are you a diver who thinks they have everything? Do you want to buy a gift for a loved one who dives but simply don’t know what to get? If so, have you considered the questionable delights of your own PERSONAL SUBMARINE? (click to the online store/submersible plans for details…)

Although the sleek Delta Wing is certainly futuristic (‘as featured in the June 1968 issue of Popular Mechanics’) I am torn between the Scubajet and the stealth weapon that is the ‘Silent Runner II’ (complete with a spear gun-armed diver in the front cockpit to fight off the sharks and/or the enemy..).

I have settled on the Scubajet which, on closer inspection, appears to be a waterproofed desk fan strapped to the tank ('You will be the envy at your dive site with the ultimate underwater thrill machine'). I figure if I put three of these beauties on the tank and one on each foot I’ll be able to become an aquatic version of Astroboy… I’ll address the steering and entanglement issues later…

Anyone for a bulk order?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Are you a diver who thinks they have everything? Do you want to buy a gift for a loved one who dives but simply don’t know what to get? If so, have you considered the questionable delights of your own PERSONAL SUBMARINE? (click to the online store/submersible plans for details…)

Although the sleek Delta Wing is certainly futuristic (‘as featured in the June 1968 issue of Popular Mechanics’) I am torn between the Scubajet and the stealth weapon that is the ‘Silent Runner II’ (complete with a spear gun-armed diver in the front cockpit to fight off the sharks and/or the enemy..).

I have settled on the Scubajet which, on closer inspection, appears to be a waterproofed desk fan strapped to the tank ('You will be the envy at your dive site with the ultimate underwater thrill machine'). I figure if I put three of these beauties on the tank and one on each foot I’ll be able to become an aquatic version of Astroboy… I’ll address the steering and entanglement issues later…

Anyone for a bulk order?

Cheers,
Rohan.
One word:

THUNDERBALL!

Tassie_Rohan:
Surprisingly Aquadyn made one like that. www.aquadyn.com I have a short video of it in action somewhere.

It straps to your tank and the controls/batteries etc. replace your weights. Not a great idea if you had to ditch it, though, might explain why their website is now blank - I'm guessing they're out of business...

And somebody else makes a red one:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t75584-question-about-scooter.html

Steve

I'll take one of these... They are only $20+ Mil...

US Subs

VERY cool links fellas, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom