For Sale: Classic Seatec Military Horse-collar BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace Malinowski

Training Agency President
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Selling my classic Seatec "Military" Horse-Collar BCD. Black with the original charged CO2 cartridge. I wore this for one week in freshwater in 2011 while teaching a USMC Force Recon Marine who wanted to go through an instructor class wearing the same gear he wore in the military. $150.

0710221424a.jpg
0710221424.jpg

Can you ship a full CO2 cartridge? Don’t think so…

Selling my classic Seatec "Military" Horse-Collar BCD. Black with the original charged CO2 cartridge. I wore this for one week in freshwater in 2011 while teaching a USMC Force Recon Marine who wanted to go through an instructor class wearing the same gear he wore in the military. $175.
Emergency flotation that floats you face up, and keeps your head above the surface. I imagine that if you are floating in rough seas, a distance away from shore, waiting for a while to be picked up, you would absolutely want one of these BC's! You might jettison your scuba, yet still retain your emergency flotation. This is so neat!

rx7diver

If you bought the new one which doesn't look nearly as cool and authentic, you'll pay $298. If someone wants the real deal blast from the past, I wouldn't part with it for $50.

Emergency flotation that floats you face up, and keeps your head above the surface. I imagine that if you are floating in rough seas, a distance away from shore, waiting for a while to be picked up, you would absolutely want one of these BC's! You might jettison your scuba, yet still retain your emergency flotation. This is so neat!

rx7diver
…and you can make your own seltzer water while waiting to be picked up!

I dropped the price to $150. That's my bottom offer if someone really wanted one. Otherwise, I'll keep it.

It's a fair price for sure. A blast from the past.

I queeried my wetsuit guy about making me another sharkskin suit, or is his bench guy
going to run out of the workshop screaming and he tells me "Oh you want a retro suit"

Now this wetsuit guy, was my first basic instructor, in nineteen hundred and seventy six

So I say "What @#$%$# retro we were both there, I want you to build me a sharksin suit

Selling my classic Seatec "Military" Horse-Collar BCD. Black with the original charged CO2 cartridge. I wore this for one week in freshwater in 2011 while teaching a USMC Force Recon Marine who wanted to go through an instructor class wearing the same gear he wore in the military. $150.

View attachment 732639View attachment 732641
This were considered too dangerous for basic scuba training. I had to pass the 1st level of training before being allowed to wear one. It was 25 years before I stopped using one And bought a stab jacket.

Back
Top Bottom