For DiveMaster course: Andaman Islands or the Philippines? Anyone with experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omeraz100

New
Reaction score
I am a diver currently in India and looking forward on doing a DM in January.
I have two options:philippines or Andaman Islands?
In the Andaman you can stay only for 1 month. in Philippines probably two months.
In the Philippines there are many options of trekking, Which sounds great to me.
Anyone knows about the DCs in particular? Where is it more proffesional? where is it more fun? Where is it cheaper? etc.

Thank you very much for all your help
Omer

Omer, for the Philippines side of your question, do a quick search in the Philippine Paradise divers section! This subject has been talked about recently.

Cheers!:coffee:

Heya Omer -

I don't think professionalism can be assigned by region. Different dive shops have different philosophies when it comes to divemaster training, and depending on your own skill level, interests and personal preferences, you may find one better suited to your needs than another.

Depending on your experience, 30 days may be not be enough. If you're the Omer I think you are, I actually think you would be better served by going to the Philipines, if you want to do your DM course right now. Main reason - 30 days would be too rushed for you here.

Come on by the dive center tomorrow, grab a hold of me (I am not diving) and I'll go over your options and my recommendation with you in more detail.

Cheers,
Vandit (Vinnie)

Back
Top Bottom