For Aussies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know there are some Australians that frequent this board. I'm very sorry to hear about those awful and deadly fires you are having there. Saying a prayer for you folks.

Thank you Spencermann. It's been a tough few days for sure.

Thank you Spencermann. It's been a tough few days for sure.
Are you and yours safe?

Don't know yet. My mother got out last night as they opened the roads for half an hour and she is now safe. She and a few other family members were visiting my uncle's house. My uncle and cousin are staying to protect the house - they can jump into the river as a last resort. The fire is currently approaching and uncontained, but slowly so hopefully they will be ok. He has a good fire plan.

We have lost a few friends of the family - they were found in burned out cars. Also a number of friends have lost their houses. The damage is quite devastating. And many were deliberately lit.

I know there are some Australians that frequent this board. I'm very sorry to hear about those awful and deadly fires you are having there. Saying a prayer for you folks.

Yes it is a tragic situation. Fish and I are lucky where we are none of the New South Wales fires are putting us at risk the worst we are getting is smoke haze so far. We haven't had any deaths reported so far either.

Victoria... the state next to us is being devastated I think they are talking 90 some confirmed deaths... and no idea how many more in burned out homes they haven't been able to check yet.

We have some SB members in the effected areas and this has been a major topic in the Hijack Thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/humor-games-clips-yarns-tales/264871-hijacking-how-good-you-94.html I checked and starting at about post 4656 is when we first start getting reports .... you may want to check in there.... and just scan it for info.

I think Victorians need all the prayers and help we can give them.:depressed:

Sas and bowlofpetunias-
Damn, I'm sorry.:depressed:
Will continue hoping the best for you and yours.

Don't know yet. My mother got out last night as they opened the roads for half an hour and she is now safe. She and a few other family members were visiting my uncle's house. My uncle and cousin are staying to protect the house - they can jump into the river as a last resort. The fire is currently approaching and uncontained, but slowly so hopefully they will be ok. He has a good fire plan.

We have lost a few friends of the family - they were found in burned out cars. Also a number of friends have lost their houses. The damage is quite devastating. And many were deliberately lit.
Are there any theories yet as to who may have deliberately lit the fires, and why?

Thoughts and prayers for those affected by this tragedy!

Lilla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom