For all you tropical divers....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This is what us Canadians have to deal with this time of year..... but it was fun! :nuts:

ice-05-mar-2006-01.jpg

ice-05-mar-2006-02.jpg

ice-05-mar-2006-03.jpg

ice-05-mar-2006-04.jpg

ice-05-mar-2006-05.jpg

At least the ice is pretty thin. Couldn't have taken more than a few minutes to get through.

Yeah, it was a clear and sunny day. Temps were around -2C, with slight winds, maybe 20 km/hr. Not bad at all. The ice was about 38 cm, so thinner than it has been in the past. Last year at this time it was about 60 cm.

I loved looking at those! Thanks Warren! Funny, i just posted a thread today asking for ice pics. Xjae has some good ones too. So which one are you?

Alas, being the photographer I am rarely the subject. You can see me in the first pic, sort of. There's a shadow in the front of the person taking the pic.....

Mike Veitch:
Actually not all us Canadians...

Only the ones with ice in the brain....

:D

You're just jealous 'cause you had to move to Yap and suffer the warm waters of the tropics and the colourful sealife. :11:

But I am coming to Palau - November 2007, though. :)

great pictures
I don't think I could dive in icy water since I freeze in 75 and below water (when I say below I mean down to 72) . Haven't ever been diving in anything colder and I wear a 5mil now. Thanks for sharing the pictures. My favorite picture is the 3rd one (top of the ice from underneath). It is a very intriguing photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom