Folly Cove Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaysun1327

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just started diving in New England waters this summer and loved it. This link is to a compilation of videos taken at Folly cove between July and October 2010.

Folly Cove Video

Nice - I wish I could have that handy when tourists ask me - so what do you see down there? Where are you located? I have a nice place to photo that you might enjoy if you are local to Portsmouth, NH.

Nice video!
Looks like pretty good vis for a shore dive!
What Temps do you have in the summer time?

Thanks for the comments.

Oldflounder - I'm in the Boston area. I would be really interested in any spots you have that are good for photos.

T-Dog - I was measuring 64F at the surface and about 54 at 30fsw this summer. I haven't been deeper than 30fsw yet! I was fine with a 7mm wetsuit all summer. Got a little chilly on my last dives over Columbus weekend.

Last edited:
great video! Did my first dive at Folly Cove about a month ago since getting certified in July. That's been one of my favorite dives so far.

Good job! I love Folly Cove. First dived there the summer of 1980. Back then you could park your car there instead of hiking. There were a lot more urchins and less seaweed then. That vid makes me want to go back.

This is fairly representative of what we will see at Folly :) It reminds me my dives over there (I do miss New England and Cape Ann Diving !)
Thanks a lot for sharing this ! Keep posting videos ;o)

I watched the video.
I noticed at the very end a creature covered in sand..
Was that a torpedo ray????

I was zapped by one about that size in August of this year at Folly Cove.
No fooling!
It was a shocking experience. Did anyone notice that as well?

Let me know..

MB

Yep, that is a Torpedo Ray buried in the sand. I got closer to it than I probably should have, it didn't seem to care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom