Follow us on Facebook!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic Aquatics

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Keep up to date with everything Atomic.....If you cannot get enough from these forums....Facebook is the answer! We would love to see the dive community rocking our gear!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/atomicaquatics

[h=2]Atomic Cobalt 2 malfunction[/h]My friend , Alldv just posted this to the computer forum.
Please help her
I recently upgraded to an Atomic Cobalt 2 (due to problems with my Atomic Cobalt 1) and after only 8 logged dives on the new computer after 2 morning dives my computer went completely blank (as though the battery power had died). Pushing the buttons didn't get any response. After each dive I had rinsed the computer with fresh water because I know the magnets under the buttons are prone to rusting and that is bad news quick. The computer did not get hit, dropped, or anything else. Jumping into the water also did not activate the computer, it is effectively dead. Upon soaking the computer in fresh water for 30 minutes, I plugged it in and it still has absolutely no response. Prior to starting my dive day the computer was charged at 90%... This is absolutely baffling and so terribly disappointing as it was brand new and Atomics had given me an Atomic Cobalt 2 due to huge problems with Atomic Cobalt 1, which I will describe in a moment. This is a huge inconvenience as I am a scuba instructor in Saudi Arabia, as sending this to the manufacture I do from the States, which is not very often....and I had gone so much efforts to get the Cobalt 1 servided.

My Atomic Cobalt 1 was not one of the recalled lot numbers. When diving with the Cobalt 1, it started indicating my air was 0, then it would vascilate between different readings none of which indicated any consistency or made any sense. Also, the same dive (at the same time) it started giving erroneous depths that were over 20 meters deeper than actuality. My backup computer, a reliable Mares Matrix, proved itself once again...but it doesn't give me air...I was dependent on the Cobalt for that so clearly I was SOL of that. Atomic did have me send in the Cobalt 1, and they were generous to upgrade me to the Cobalt 2 at my request. i thought I was out of the woods, the Atomic 2 addressed the shortcomings of the Cobalt 1 right? Well, 8 dives it lasted me and less than 1.5 months and again I am out my primary computer.

I ask the dive community What good is a beautiful display with easy to use interface that's reliability is frustrating, irritating, and compromising of safety. Now I have a beautiful new dead computer that I am afraid may have somehow flooded the battery or the buttons or both. Yes, it is under warranty, but this is a huge inconvenience when I don't even live in USA. Hopefully someone out there has a magical idea that fixes my problem, but I am seriously not trustful of my Cobalt 2, or the Cobalt line after my experiences. Please help​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom