Fng

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well it is about time I have found a good forum. I have been looking around for a bit and I found scubaboard. This is my first post. But I would say all the posts that I have read have been great.

I am excited to be a part of the underwater world. I currently have 18 dives logged. 4 in Rochester, NY. 6 in the carribian, and 8 in the Florida Keys. All of them have been great and I have loved every minute of it.

I am in the process of buying some of my own equiptment: computer, and reg (for now) we will see what else I can afford after the holidays.

I am glad I can be a part of the forum and I will put out an advance thank you to anybody that answers questions that I may post in the future.

-Matt

I like this forum a lot too. I've used others but this one is by far the best. The quality of advice here is great and people are really friendly. There doesn't seem to be much flaming here so people feel comfortable asking even what they might think are silly questions. It's like my old english teacher used to say: "You can ask a stupid question now and feel stupid for a little while or you can not ask the question and be stupid forever". Kind of harsh but true.

Welcome Bug. Enjoy the board and continue to enjoy your diving.

Welcome to the board Bug! Congtratulations on becoming a diver. You'll really like this board, I know I do. They have answered alot of questions for me when I needed help.
Plan your dive
Dive your plan

welcome to the board bug

:( Hi to all. I am sad that winter is setting in here. Just signed up for class so I'm really a newbie but I have been reading so much since last week when I got the materials; every magazine, every internet sight, etc. I like this forum so decided to join in. It all seems a bit overwhelming right now, especially the equipment choices but I'll get there -- I always do. I am curious. I saw someone post from NJ. I was born and raised at the Jersey Shore. If you are diving in Jersey just curious where. Thanks G-

Welcome to the group! I am a new member, too. I am a cold water diver and I'd love to go down to Florida (somewhere warm) and have some fun dives in my 5 mm or something. Anyway, since I joined I have gotten a lot of responses to my messages. Great forum, great people.

Dive safe,
Gokhan

Yeah I am from Jersey. But I got PADI certified in Rochester, NY. (where I go to school). I have not been diving in NJ. I hear there are some decent places to dive. But other then my check dives everything has been south of Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom