Flying with your rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danseur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What are your experiences flying with your rebreather?

I'm weighing options (pun relevant I suppose) as to what direction to go and this is a big consideration for me. There are of course SO many others things to consider, but to keep it simple, let's address one issue at a time with real world experience.

Trimix and 100 meter capable units are my focus.

Thanks.

I have never had an issue with flying with ANY of my CCRS nor have I EVER paid any overweight fees!

That being said, the CCR that I find the easiest to travel with is MY HH as I can pack all the critical (componets that can't be sourced easily at a local shop) in my carry on.. this leave me enough weight allowance for plenty of spares AND camera equipment..

The one you see in my AVATAR I just put in checked baggage..

Cave Meg shaved.. throw it in your 20" carry-on with lungs, loop and regs. Then pack the plate, wing, other dive stuff, and cloths in a duffel and check it.

There also happens to be a great Meg/IANTD instructor in your backyard. He has a pathfinder, standard meg, and a cave meg.. so you should be able to see them all if you are interested.

rEvo 3 Micro FT:

Drape the hoses around the scrubber-housings, fold the wing between the unit and backplates, fold down carrying-handle, and put on a back-pack-cover, and off you go!

Carry-on no problem! (unless TSA or other security-retards says otherwise)

Back
Top Bottom