Flying With Your DPV - Genesis 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTucson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
North Florida / Playa Del Carmen / Arizona
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey All,

I am hoping to get a copy of a letter of some sort that you have used to successfully fly with you 2.1 as checked luggage. It meets all the requirements but I want to have something in the case the airport folks can read so my DPV is not molested and makes it to my destination (continental US flights).

I reached out to Jon directly for what he uses but he is out of town currently. Anything that can help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Ben

I’ll see if I can find the letter we use.

I’m looking. I can’t find it in the dive gear. I have an email from Jon somewhere with the verbiage. I’m trying to find it.

Hi Ben,

I just flew a Genesis from Phoenix to Indonesia last month with no issues at all both domestically and internationally.

Attached is the sample letter Jon sent me that I used.

Also I taped a print out of the UN 38.3 certificate, TSA/FAA regulations for check lithium batteries, and the airlines I was flying checked lithium battery regulations on the inside lid of my Pelican case. Also keep a copy of the DPV manual and warp core batter manual on your phone just in case. I always keep copies of manuals handy when traveling with DPV's or rebreathers usually if security questions anything you just show them the manual and pictures of you diving then they smile and let you go.

Attachments

• Dear Airport Inspector.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY USE ONLY 2S4P.pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 137
  • FAA Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
    551.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Dangerous items on United Airlines.pdf
    100.8 KB · Views: 113
  • TSA Lithium batteries with 100 watt hours or less in a device.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 99
Hi Ben,

I just flew a Genesis from Phoenix to Indonesia last month with no issues at all both domestically and internationally.

Attached is the sample letter Jon sent me that I used.

Also I taped a print out of the UN 38.3 certificate, TSA/FAA regulations for check lithium batteries, and the airlines I was flying checked lithium battery regulations on the inside lid of my Pelican case. Also keep a copy of the DPV manual and warp core batter manual on your phone just in case. I always keep copies of manuals handy when traveling with DPV's or rebreathers usually if security questions anything you just show them the manual and pictures of you diving then they smile and let you go.

This is fantastic! Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom