flying with can light battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe we don't have any standard in this issue in HK! Bunch of clowns. Sometime I got held up for half an hr because they needed to get the permission from the airline!!!!! Other time no problem whatsoever. It is all depend on who is sitting behind the x-ray machine.

No problem for me in HK either. In fact, HK airport has been the most easily to work with airport so far.

The only place I've ever had an issue was returning from Cancun, when they insisted that I check my carry-on because of the primary. Since then, I carry it on every place except for the return trip from Cancun, when I check it.

Once I checked my Halcyon can light with NiMH batteries in my checked luggage. I had the cap disconnected and on the opposite side of the case as the battery head to prevent inadvertent activation.

When I arrived at my destination, I found that TSA had hooked up the light head, latched it, and turned on the light. Apparently they did not turn it off when they repacked the light, because the bulb, housing, light head and the foam lining was a melted blob inside of the Pelican case.

F-ing TSA idiots.

:shocked2:

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. Now I know 1) I'm legal and 2) I need to help keep the flight safe from TSA.

Reactions: RJP
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. Now I know 1) I'm legal and 2) I need to help keep the flight safe from TSA.

i think the take-home message is to put it in the carry-on, so that you get a chance to explain and prevent the TSA guy from doing something stupid to your light.

i think the take-home message is to put it in the carry-on, so that you get a chance to explain and prevent the TSA guy from doing something stupid to your light.
Yep, that was a subset of (2). Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom