Flying Out of Ohio to Belize Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The big day is finally here! It's been several years since we have vacationed and I can't wait to dive in crystal clear blue again. If I can get an internet connection, I will try to keep everybody posted on our trip.

Be seeing you.

Have a great trip!

We're headed down in, um [checking watch], a little over 11 days and 12 hours.

Turneffe Island Resort, or Flats?

Yes, Turneffe Island Resort again. I was surprised they changed the name from Turneffe Island Lodge as it's more like a lodge than a resort. I asked the front office about that, and they said it's because "lodge" sounds more like a "fishing lodge" and since they've branched out into scuba in a major way they felt like a name change was appropriate.

It's certainly true that the majority of the guests are there to dive, but when I think of resorts I think of hot tubs, spas, fancy restaurants, etc and there's none of that although they do offer massages now, come to think of it.

We're going to spend a few days on the mainland before we go so we can get in some jungle time.

I'm already thinking about my next trip. We'll probably head towards Cayo then down to Palencia next time, spending a week in the jungle followed by a week on and under the water in hopes of spotting a whale shark or two. There's just so much to see down there!

Hopefully we'll hear from Marshall soon.

Resort is our favorite place to date. We are going to try the Flats this September. It was a tough decision; go with a place we absolutely know we will enjoy, or out on a limb to go somewhere new.

We decided on the Flats because the price point (off-season deal) was better, and they do 3-a-day diving.

Take plenty of photos and hug Cashew for us (can't remember the other dog's name)!

Ralph, you bet! That's an impressive mission statement on your website.

craracer, I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts comparing TF to TIR after your vacation in September. I considered booking with TF two years ago, but my impression then was that they were more about fishing than diving. Since then they've redesigned their website and scuba plays a much more prominent part in their presentation. I got their promotional DVD last fall, and from what I can tell the guest experience looks much the same as at TIR.

After two weeks at TIR two years ago, I became really good friends with many of the staff and would almost feel disloyal to them if I stayed elsewhere on the atoll. Plus, our two-week stay at TIL was our favorite vacation to date, so the bar's set pretty high. I'm not sure if even TIR can match it, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom