Flower Gardens 10/11-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilD

Reaction score
This was my first attempt at underwater photography and I now appreciate how difficult it is to get good shots. Out of 100 or so I took, only 20 were any good, and even that is somewhat debatable. I had a real hard time photgraphing fish, but still subjects were a lot easier. Certainly a really enjoyable way of spending time underwater though.

http://www.philday.com/diving/fg_101103.html

Wow; check out those colors! I guess I see why it's called Flower Gardens. :)

What kind of camera and what strobe do you use? (Just curious)

It does make everything more fun when you have pictures to look at at the end of the day! And I notice I pay a lot more attention to the marine life when I'm hunting out subjects for my husband to photograph. The downside, of course, is that he can get so wrapped up in getting the perfect shot of Fish A that he completely misses my waving in excitement about the even-cooler Fish B - or worse, doesn't notice when I'm having some sort of problem!

Have fun!

I don't really have a particularly good setup, but it works for now until I learn more about what I need. I have an old Sony DSC-P1 in a Sony Marine Pack which I used to use when boating and I recently added a ReefMaster strobe.

Unfortunately, only a few pics came out well and many were white washed by too much strobe and many lacked color due to not enough light. I did some experimenting with the strobe at different angles at different distances and hopefully will get some better pics next time I'm out. Fish eluded me though and although there were plenty of fish down there, I couldn't get any decent shots of them, they were either cut off, out of the strobe range or bounced back too much light. I'm doing some rig dives this weekend, weather permitting, and will practice on taking pics of the fish.

So you did live! We missed you at Katemcy, and I we haven't seen much of you at the H2 forum lately.

Great photo's by the way! Glad to hear you had a great time out there. I can't wait till my next blue water dive.

I'll get plenty of lake water this weekend. Gotta do my Rescue Class check out dives! :wacko:

-jim

Jim, I'm actually having to do some work right now and have little free time, business is a little slow, so I've been real busy trying to change that over the last few weeks.

I missed out at K-Rocks, looks like you guys all had a blast. Ideal terrain too, really wish I'd made it there.

Hopefully, I'll be out on a rig this weekend, weather permitting.

Good luck with your check out dives.

I seem to be missing everything lately :wink:

Although I've been up to Waco twice so far this year to shoot, USPSA Texas Open and Shirley Skinner Foundation Match, and really don't enjoy the drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom