Florida's Ten Worst Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inside the culverts that run under 441 connecting the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge with the agricultural runnoff canals.

Image014.jpg
The harbor at Splashdown Divers didn't look all that attractive when you hopped in to retrieve a customer's mask. I'll nominate the Boynton Beach marina (for that matter, any and all marinas) for the top 10 worst dive sites.

Attachments

• P8075626.jpg
    P8075626.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P8075627.jpg
    P8075627.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 54
cbulla:
OK - now Lovers Key - unless your into watching some sea grass and small fish, its about as interesting at 8' deep 120 yards off the beach as excitings as that time my dad and I smacked a nitro tablet with a hammer.. nothing, not even a pop.

Has anybody gone diving in the mangroves???

I tried to get an operator in the keys to take me out there on a day when the oceanside was undiveable, but he not only refused but called me certifiably insane.

Probably worse than Lovers Key in that viz is low and it is mostly inhabited by juveniles.

I tried to get an operator in the keys to take me out there on a day when the oceanside was undiveable, but he not only refused but called me certifiably insane.

Probably worse than Lovers Key in that viz is low and it is mostly inhabited by juveniles.

I have and it is very interesting diving. I was on the non ocean side of Key Largo in the fringes of the mangrove though, I would love to have a go at the mangrove proper on the other side.

The harbor at Splashdown Divers didn't look all that attractive when you hopped in to retrieve a customer's mask. I'll nominate the Boynton Beach marina (for that matter, any and all marinas) for the top 10 worst dive sites.
Trust me, the marina was like Coz compared to the pipes. There's also not that "I wonder what the hell is in this pipe with me" feeling you get while you're patting around searching fo the pipe walls.

Walter, Walter, Walter. There is nothing wrong with someone not caring for a dive site that you like. To each his own. I don't care that much for springs and caves, but there are some that LOVE them. Nothing wrong with that. I love busted up old wrecks and some love the brand new wrecks without any growth on them yet. Fine. That doesn't bother me a bit either. Ana and I have been spending alot of time on the live bottoms around here in Pamana City that I know most people would be greatly bored with. Some people like warm water, and think that cold water SUCKS! Do you know anybody like that?

Christ Of The Abyss is a pretty lame dive, unless you take the time to get away from the statue. A lot of people don't. I'm not real fond of Bridge Span 14 or the Black Bart, either. (Panama City Beach)

Ah yes.. get a snorkeler to hug the statue. It becomes very lively then!

You would have to see the mangroves in the bay here. Very clear and full of life. You never know what you'll find, including Caloosa Indian and old Spaniard artifacts since the Caloosa inhabited this area till the 1500's and Euros have been in and out of here for 500 years.

Walter, Walter, Walter. There is nothing wrong with someone not caring for a dive site that you like. To each his own. I don't care that much for springs and caves, but there are some that LOVE them. Nothing wrong with that.

:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Jean

I was on a dive there once where a young lady in a very small swimsuit sat on the statue's face whilst her boyfriend took her picture. Ouch!

Actually I looked in my logbook and was reminded that it was her new husband on the first day of their honeymoon. Double ouch!

Ah yes.. get a snorkeler to hug the statue. It becomes very lively then!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom