Florida photo with some Paintshop play

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesD

Contributor
Reaction score
So I took a shot that I'd taken when I dove Largo Dry Rock in Florida back near the end of 2005 and started to play in Paintshop (yes I know, I'm a sinner for not using photoshop) anyway... just curious what others think, some photos seem to lend themselves to these so well

We started with the original, rather blue and washed out
USA_FL_Key_Largo_Key_Largo_Dry_Rock_016.JPG

Making histogram changes I cleaned it up quite nicely and overall I think it is a cool picture (although a bit sad about the vignetting that is quite noticeable in the corners) and the plant life in the bottom right corner ended up a little too red for my liking
USA_FL_Key_Largo_Key_Largo_Dry_Rock_016b.JPG

Then I played with using Historgram Equalize, not quite sure this effect really does, but the outcome is stunning, I love the effect.
USA_FL_Key_Largo_Key_Largo_Dry_Rock_016a.JPG

Then taking that into Sepia works quite nicely too
USA_FL_Key_Largo_Key_Largo_Dry_Rock_016c.JPG

Out of all of them.. I like the Sepia one the best.. The first color correction has too much red and the histogram one isn't really what I would expect.. but when you converted it to sepia the grain and the high contrast works.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom