Florida Cavern diving - buddies and/or mentors out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlcnuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all!

So, first off for background, I am certified by PADI as a cavern diver and tec 40 diver, and intro to tec by TDI and I'll be finished with AN/DP in a couple weeks if all goes well. That said, I don't have much practice outside of my cavern course doing cavern dives or running lines etc.

I'd like to go full cave eventually, but right now I think I need more time in doubles to really nail buoyancy while doing valve drills etc. At the same time, I'm probably pretty rusty at running lines and blackout drills since I haven't really been practicing those. So I think going intro to cave might not be the best idea until I get some more practice in those things. One missing part in that plan to practice - no cavern or higher certified dive buddy that I know who is available when I'd like to go down to Florida to practice those skills (and obviously have some fun dives). That's not really a type of diving I want to try solo diving at this point either, so I'd really rather find a buddy (or a few different buddies) to dive with.

So, I'm looking for anyone who'd like to meet up and dive down there. I'm planning to go down one weekend a month starting in November for a while, and maybe a longer period over the Christmas/New Years holidays. Any cavern/cave divers want to hangout in the cavern zones and show me around your stomping grounds down there?

PMd you

Hi all!

So, first off for background, I am certified by PADI as a cavern diver and tec 40 diver, and intro to tec by TDI and I'll be finished with AN/DP in a couple weeks if all goes well. That said, I don't have much practice outside of my cavern course doing cavern dives or running lines etc.

I'd like to go full cave eventually, but right now I think I need more time in doubles to really nail buoyancy while doing valve drills etc. At the same time, I'm probably pretty rusty at running lines and blackout drills since I haven't really been practicing those. So I think going intro to cave might not be the best idea until I get some more practice in those things. One missing part in that plan to practice - no cavern or higher certified dive buddy that I know who is available when I'd like to go down to Florida to practice those skills (and obviously have some fun dives). That's not really a type of diving I want to try solo diving at this point either, so I'd really rather find a buddy (or a few different buddies) to dive with.

So, I'm looking for anyone who'd like to meet up and dive down there. I'm planning to go down one weekend a month starting in November for a while, and maybe a longer period over the Christmas/New Years holidays. Any cavern/cave divers want to hangout in the cavern zones and show me around your stomping grounds down there?
Hi all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom