Flooding on the Guadalupe and Comal Rivers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys got tagged last night. 12" of rain is a bummer and the place it dropped could not have been worse. I don't know whose rain god you guys pissed off, but there have been way too many big floods in your area over the last 12 years.

The Dallas Morning News had pics of three Rockin R busses wrapped around trees. Bad stuff.

Anyone know if Aquarena Springs got flooded? I imagine the flow rate is up right now.

no flooding in San Marcos at all....I only had 2.5 in. in the rain gauge:) The flow rate is about the same as before the rain....downstream toward Luling where the rivers merge there was some flooding....

We got it here on the lake good. All my neighbors are flooded out. I have been in rescue mode for two days helping them and cleaning up. We are luckily on some of the highest ground on the lake. We have a boathouse with a full apartment above it--not sure it will survive or not, as it got 5 feet of water. A friend of mine owns Buba's Big Deck which WAS a bar across from Rock'n R in Gruene. He told me it is completely gone. Good news is us lake and river folks are resilient. We help one another, rebuild and get on with get'n on...

Worked at Buba's all day yesterday spraying silt and junk off the walls and floors. Officials state that all rivers and lakes affected will be off limits for swimmers, boaters and tubers until Aug 1st -- there goes the 4th...

Back
Top Bottom