Flooded Video Light - SL980

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantwiscour

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got the video light out this past weekend and it appears to have flooded on our last dive. It showed no problem during the dive and took good video. It was wet in the battery compartment and under the lens. The cap was on tight and secure and the O ring shows no problem.

I have let the light air dry but there is still plenty of condensation under the lens. I haven't powered on the light or tried to turn it on.

Any ideas what could've happened? Did I do something wrong and not realize it? Is this possibly a product issue?

I have had the light since this past Christmas and used it on about five dives without issue.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Does anyone from Sealife ever check SB? It doesn't look like it. No response here or from Customer Service.

I'm having issues with my sl980 also. Switch isn't working. Anyway I called Sealife from Cozumel yesterday. #856 866-9191 and talked to a tech rep. I got immediate answers from him.

I got an email from SeaLife and they've sent a Return Authorization Number for me to ship the light back. I'll send it out Monday.
I've always heard good things about SeaLife Customer Service and Warranty help...crossing my fingers.

It took a little bit to get going on this but yesterday UPS delivered a brand new SL980 Video Light. A very fast turnaround from SeaLife. A few questions on the Return Form and they took good care of me.

I give SeaLife an "A" in customer service. I will always feel comfortable buying and using their products after working through an issue with them.

Great job to everyone I worked with at SeaLife. :balloons:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom