Flooded Light, new light recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a razor Primary can light and the light head flooded, so I'm in the market for a new light. I dont want a razor light as Ive had this one flood twice and also 2 backup lights from them flood, 3 of them were in the first couple months so im just not interested in their products.
I grabbed a big blue 4800 hand held for the time being off a friend who no longer dives and I don't like it. I like the small light heads that can lights offer.
Ive used a dive rite EX35 for ~20 dives and wasn't really a fan.
I want a can light with a small head and something fairly powerful.

I mainly dive in the Vancouver Canada deep enough to be pitch black regularly deeper than 200', some cave diving hopefully more often in the future with travelling going back to normal
I'm also open to options with a battery with a second output for suit heat as my venture heated vest is not quite keeping up to long deco obligations in the winter time.

budget is ....... I dont want to overpay but Im not looking for cheep/budget options Im willing to pay for quality.
i liked a lot of things about the razor light but the quality was low and their customer service was all but non existent.

must haves
small head
fairly powerful
minimum 4 hr burn time on high.

LM? UWLD? any other suggestions?

Do you want fixed or adjustable focus? That's going to make a big difference in the available options and price.

ah yes good point.
I've never had an adjustable focus and we have a lot of particulate here in the water. i think it would be nice to have but its not a make or break by any means

Have a look at the Dive Rite EX35. Not sure if it will fit your requirements but it also doesn’t break the bank.

Disregard. Missed your mention of it.

UWLD LD40, Halcyon Focus 2, LM 32VF, and please stop using the Nest as your first post class full cave dive.

Have a look at the Dive Rite EX35. Not sure if it will fit your requirements but it also doesn’t break the bank.
…literally says he doesn’t like it

UWLD LD40, Halcyon Focus 2, LM 32VF, and please stop using the Nest as your first post class full cave dive.

Who even are you?
I’ve never met you and don’t have a clue who you are, I’m intrigued where your comment came from? Humour me and quote a single yes just 1 time I said anything about eagles nest. “Please stop” mentioning something I’ve never mentioned?…..
Oh wait I haven’t so good f**kin luck ya goof

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom