Floaty bottom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom_Ivan

Contributor
Reaction score
I was diving today with two hired 15L steels. Not sure the brand.
They had rubber boots on the bottom that I was reluctant to remove because I wasn’t sure if the dive store would have a problem with me messing with their tanks too much. Initially they trimmed out really well but after they dropped down to 100 bar the bottom of the tanks became extremely buoyant! It was kinda like diving with AL80s again.
I’m going to be doing another dive with them again tomorrow and would like to get it sorted out. No photos sorry.
This time I’ll remove the rubber boots and fit two d rings onto my harness further down so I can move the tanks lower if need be.
Does anyone have any other ideas that I could do to keep my tanks trimmed out when low on gas?

The regs I was using was an old Dacor950 and an aqualung of similar age.

200 bar steels don't float as badly as al80s but they do float vs the 232 bar version. one extra set of fixed drings in front usually is enough vs two for al80s.

Back
Top Bottom