Floating explosive off Sarasota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! Gota love finding something new!
Navy team to examine explosive device found in Sarasota | news-press.com | The News-Press

Fort Myers News Press:
Navy team to examine explosive device found in Sarasota

SARASOTA — Boat ramps in Sarasota’s Centennial Park are closed until a Navy team arrives to examine a military device boaters have discovered.

A Navy team from Jacksonville is expected to arrive Sunday afternoon.

Police say boaters found the device floating in the water Saturday and brought it to the Coast Guard station.

Police say the device contains an explosive charge.

:11:Glad I didn't find it!

Wonder what it ends up being.....

A sonobouy? Or a spent Mk58 Flare?

Any pix of it?

Probably just covering up for something they should not have lost to begin with.

Glad Mom didn't go swimming at Siesta Key then. Since the military owns and conducts operations at neighboring San Clemente Island, ordinance is not that unusual out here. Heck, we get a Big Bang out of it when we find the stuff.

Dammitt! those guys blew up my dive flag float!

I got it to keep the damn boaters away!

Dive_Flagcopy.jpg

Hey, I just talked to Mom and she said the storm was heading your way. Hope everyone there will be safe.... Just got off the phone with a friend from ScubaBoard (Simon TW) who is a tech instructor in the Red Sea. He's was evacuated from the Keys and is waiting in Miami for his flight on Wed. Be safe all! Wouldn't you rather deal with earthquakes??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom