Flipfins are proudly Made in the USA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OmegaAquatics

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

Attachments

• MadeInTheUSA.jpg
    MadeInTheUSA.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,220
Love my Omega flip fins.

Only gripe is in relation to the straps, the "finger" loop could have lasted a bit longer than they did, but I'll still take 'em.

RhoneMan3.jpg

Love my Omega flip fins.

Only gripe is in relation to the straps, the "finger" loop could have lasted a bit longer than they did, but I'll still take 'em.

RhoneMan3.jpg

megaman.png

I was going for the "Transformer" (hoping for Megatron) look rather than the "Power Ranger" look. I'll have to rethink...

megatron.gif

Last edited:
Just one question: why? :confused:

How often do you have to hike to the water in all of your dive gear to need this?

For conventional diving it has a use but is far from essential. But if you go tec, when you are staggering under the weight of double plus sling tanks and whatever other cr** you are carrying, it is bloody useful to be able to walk to the side of the boat and jump off rather than shuffling ever so delicately hoping you don't trip over your fins.

Love my Omega flip fins.

RhoneMan3.jpg

I hear ya on the finger loop. In as much as 8 months I went through 2 pairs of those straps. Since the fin is falling apart its not much sense dealing with them anymore. How old are your fins?

For conventional diving it has a use but is far from essential. But if you go tec, when you are staggering under the weight of double plus sling tanks and whatever other cr** you are carrying, it is bloody useful to be able to walk to the side of the boat and jump off rather than shuffling ever so delicately hoping you don't trip over your fins.

I dive like that and have no problems "shuffling" to the edge of the boat with all my gear.

I hear ya on the finger loop. In as much as 8 months I went through 2 pairs of those straps. Since the fin is falling apart its not much sense dealing with them anymore. How old are your fins?

Got them for Christmas, so it lasted just over 2 months. To be fair, I have only lost one loop so far, but the second one has started to tear now so it won't be long.

But other than that they are well put together. I was particularly impressed with the non-slip rubber on the "sole" - useful on wet rocking dive boats.

My big worry is how long the clip that keeps them rigid in the swim position will last. It looks pretty solid, but if/when it finally breaks, you would have to toss the fins. Suspect I will cuss quite loudly when that happens. Until then, I will just keep loving them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom