Flight Manado to Sorong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Is it true that Lion Air has a direct daily flight from Manado to Sorong and that it only takes a couple of hours?

Yes. Check their web site. 1h25m (there is a time zone change).

Yes. Check their web site. 1h25m (there is a time zone change).

Yes, I see it there. Just not feeling a huge level of trust and I'm confused as to why so many route through Jakarta to Sorong when so much easier to fly to Manado, stay overnight and then next day fly for 1.5 hours to Sorong at a decent time of the day and for 1/2 the price.

@tursiops, have you actually made this Lion Air flight yourself, recently?

It had been my plan to stick with Garuda but the flight plan is too arduous for me. I missed out on the flights with the later departure out of Singapore so as not to have such a long stay over in Jakarta airport and really hate a red eye anyway. Assuming things work out properly with the flight out of Manado, it's during normal daylight hours.

Anything that avoids Jakarta -- especially an overnight -- has a lot of appeal.

@chillyinCanada yes its true and its operational, our pals are booked on it in March 2019.... they are already diving in lembeh before our trip so makes sense for them to take that option
I'm routing via Jakarta as thats actually easier for us coming from Europe to get over to Papua (Malaga-Istanbul-Jakarta).

I always use nusatrip.com for indo flight bookings, when Garuda cancelled on us Nusatrip refunded very promptly.

@chillyinCanada yes its true and its operational, our pals are booked on it in March 2019.... they are already diving in lembeh before our trip so makes sense for them to take that option
I'm routing via Jakarta as thats actually easier for us coming from Europe to get over to Papua (Malaga-Istanbul-Jakarta).

I always use nusatrip.com for indo flight bookings, when Garuda cancelled on us Nusatrip refunded very promptly.

Thanks for this @nudisusie! I did book the Lion flight today on nusatrip as it was not possible to book it on Lion's website with my "foreigner's" credit card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom