Flight Connection Time - San Salvador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cheaper flights I'm looking at to the Bay Islands all pretty much have a 50-55 minute connection time between flights in San Salvador. For those that have traveled through this airport, is this enough time to make our next flight?

Thanks!

I've been thru there 3 times I believe on the way to Roatan on TACA.......We actually overnited those times but it was unexpected--trouble/problems on TACA's end......I'm guessing you will not make the connection BUT, if it's TACA, they'll put you up(@ Hotel San Salvadore).....Sit back & enjoy the country, that's one on the prettiest flights taking off out of San Salvadore, get your camera ready for pretty volcano shots(you'll be even with some...lol)......good luck.......Bottom line is you might miss a day of diving......

That is plenty of time- it's a tiny airport. Mark your bags well as any experienced traveller would.

The mention of those "unexpected" overnights may have been a surprise to most passengers, but TACA knew full well that you were about to be delayed. In years past, they published a 4:50 pm arrival time at Roatan knowing full well that the formerly unlighted runway would not be available.

Those days have come and gone. The runways are now lit.

Back
Top Bottom