Flamboyant Cuttlefish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milne Bay PNG, Lembeh Indonesia, PG Sabang Philippines, just my personal experience of where i've seen them in good numbers.

I agree with Wingy.

I don't think the Flamboyant Cuttlefish can be found in Thailand (based on 1,970 dives there) , however there are plenty of the "regular" ones at the local sites around Phuket.

Steve, this is a Flamboyant....from Indonesia.

1970, that's a good start.

But thanks, I had no idea, really very nice fish. Would love to see that.

But in that case the OP would be better in south east asia forum in stead of Thailand.

To us in HK, Thailand is in SE Asia.
Same to us in Thailand.

There used to be a SEA forum plus a Thailand forum, but I just checked, and there are more options now. Besides the Thailand forum there is also an Indonesia forum, Malaysia and Singapore, Philippines. So plenty of choice for the OP.

I saw a few at shark point in Phuket in November on a couple of occassions, amazing creatures.

I am hoping to see some in the Similan Isles in a couple of weeks too.

I saw a few at shark point in Phuket in November on a couple of occassions, amazing creatures.

I am hoping to see some in the Similan Isles in a couple of weeks too.
Some guys have all the luck :)

In almost 20 years of diving professionally here I don't think I've seen one.

Back
Top Bottom