Fixing Isotherm hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just picked a Mares Isotherm ($150 with ship) in excellent condition... SCORE!!!

The only downside, the hood was apparently involved in a tragic accident with an ice fisherman wearing spikes, and is ripped.

I'm planning on attempting to repair this with aquaseal, however the original owner apparently tried something similar (can not remember what he said he used) and failed.

Any thoughts on how to repair a rip if aquaseal is not adequate? I have not seen the damage yet.

Another thought, anyone who uses or is familiar with this suit have suggestions on a new hood that would work well with the Isotherm neck seal??

Thanks,

I would assume any dry suit hood would work. They typically have the smooth skin on the inside that should match up nicely with the isotherm neck seal.

RonFrank:
I just picked a Mares Isotherm ($150 with ship) in excellent condition... SCORE!!!

The only downside, the hood was apparently involved in a tragic accident with an ice fisherman wearing spikes, and is ripped.

I'm planning on attempting to repair this with aquaseal, however the original owner apparently tried something similar (can not remember what he said he used) and failed.

Any thoughts on how to repair a rip if aquaseal is not adequate? I have not seen the damage yet.

Another thought, anyone who uses or is familiar with this suit have suggestions on a new hood that would work well with the Isotherm neck seal??

Thanks,

Dry suit hood should work. If you don't mind not tucking it in just use a regular hood, that is what I do sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom