FIX battery charger for 1000DX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadon44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Fisheye

I just purchased a charger for the FIX 1000 DX battery and it came with no manual and I cannot find one online anywhere. What do the different light sequences mean? when I place my battery on charger, it does what seems like a scan of 1 yellow and 4 green lights for about 5 seconds and then the yellow goes to red with a sequence of 1 long 2 short red flashes. I left it on 8+ hrs over night and this state doesn't change. A little help please.

Cheers

Don

Hey Fisheye

I just purchased a charger for the FIX 1000 DX battery and it came with no manual and I cannot find one online anywhere. What do the different light sequences mean? when I place my battery on charger, it does what seems like a scan of 1 yellow and 4 green lights for about 5 seconds and then the yellow goes to red with a sequence of 1 long 2 short red flashes. I left it on 8+ hrs over night and this state doesn't change. A little help please.

Cheers

Don

I have the Fix HG20DX.

The 1000 looks like an LED version of same - built on the same chassis, using the same batts.

When you install the batt into the charger, the charger lights will 'race' - this is the smart charger scanning the batt and doing a test on it. If the batt is seated correctly, or hasn't been deeply discharged (which spells death to these batts) the racing lights will stop in a moment, after a successful test of the batt and begin the charge sequence.

The green lights will build from the left - increasing in number as the batt charges.

When its charged, all green lights will be on.

What you're seeing is one of two things:

Your batt is dead beyond repair - time for a new batt

Your batt isn't seated correctly into the charger.

There are three tabs on the batt, that connect to three springy tabs on the charger. Be sure the batt is 'clicked in' (front first, then rear... it'll go 'snick' when its in). I had to take a paper clip and pull out the springy tabs on my charger a bit to make good contact.

If that doesn't work, your batt is most likely dead. The most common cause for this is over discharge - ie: leaving it on once you hit the deck, and letting it burn on the SI until it died. That will wreck these batts beyond repair.

WHAT NEXT:

Try reseating the batt.

Try pulling out the contacts on the charger a bit

If none of that works, reach out to Ryan Canon at Reefphoto. He may have another idea, or can sell you another batt.

I've been through several batts over the years with my focus light,

-Ken

Hey Ken

Thanks for the info...I was afraid the case was a dead battery. It ran down back in May and I just now got the charger (from reefphoto) so yep I guess I'll be ordering a new one from them.

I don't suppose you know of any suppliers in Canada, as I get royally screwed with brokerage fees.

Thx again and happy diving

Don

Hi Don,

I'd actually suggest sending both the battery and charger back for evaluation... The red led sequence is an error, and it could be caused by either.

We are able to ship USPS Priority Mail, and our Canadian friends rarely complain about brokerage with that service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom