Fitbit Charge 3 and scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoooter961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So Fitbit says the new charge 3 is water resistant to 50 meters. So I contacted them to inquire about it and below is their response. Who wants to be the first test dummy to wear theirs diving?

Gabriela (10/19/2018, 1:42:03 PM): Hi scott, My name is Gabriela. How can I help you?
Me (10/19/2018, 1:42:36 PM): Hi i'm curious about the Charge 3's waterproofing. It says 50 meters? Can I really take it to 100 feet deep?
Gabriela (10/19/2018, 1:45:46 PM): Nice to meet you Scott and no worries, I checked it for you already and the Fitbit is actually resistance resistant to 50 meters
Gabriela (10/19/2018, 1:45:54 PM): Sorry, resistant*
Me (10/19/2018, 1:47:30 PM): ok thats awsome. So if I took it to 100 feet and it failed is that covered under warranty?
Me (10/19/2018, 1:48:01 PM): I would wear it scuba diving and we never go past 100
Gabriela (10/19/2018, 1:48:46 PM): That is correct. As long as we keep it between 50 meters submerge, and something happens to it, we can check options for you.

How would they be able to prove though that it even went that deep and not just in the swimming pool?

FWIW I use a TomTom Spark 3 and have had it to 100' and a bit more on a number of occasions

I took my Fitbit flex 2 down to 40m (130 feet) with no issues at all. I did that multiple times

How would they know if it failed?

I heard someone talking in Key Largo about forgetting their rental car key was in their pocket and taking it for a couple of dives. Ater the car quit starting when the fob failed, thay called for a new rental car and reported dropping the key in a puddle. They just didn't say how big the puddle was.

I accidentally wore my Fitbit Alta HR on two dives while in Bonaire in Sept. Total of 2 hours at max depth of 60'. Still works like a charm.

I'm i terested to know if the useful functions like heart rate monitoring work well while diving. Might be nice to see heart rate vs depth vs exciting fish sighting etc.

I hope one day it will be possible to have actual GPS under water so you could have your dive route to add the log.

GPS on dive float/flag is only way to track.

Back
Top Bottom