Fisheye tray & D180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just got a fisheye tray & arm and D180 strobe. I'm just a bit confused about how to actually connect the strobe to the black locline connector thingies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mel :)

You should have a bolt with a white head - and two washer type things - a black one and a white one.
The White bolt and white washer go through the lockline hole from one side so that the white washer actually goes into the hole and acts as a spacer/packer. The larger black ring goes on the other side between the lockline tube and the strobe itself. Then you just screw it tight enough that the strobe doesn't twist by itself.

I hope this is easy enough to understand!!

I just realized that the bolt and washers might be an extra.
Have a look at this page:
http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm
From this page go to the 'Strobe' page.
Scroll down the page to just under the diffusers, it's called a:
'Fixing bolt to attach INON strobes to YS type strobe adapters' and costs 1280 yen.

If you don't have this bolt - you need it.

It looks like this:
YSbolt.jpg

Ah Ha! Thanks Kim. I don't have it and will order one ASAP. I'm hoping to get the setup wet this weekend.

A word of caution. The when attaching the strobe to the arm make SURE the bolt is not too long. When to strobe is tight there should be a small space between the end of the bolt and the strobe housing. You can look through the opening in the sides of the mount to insure there is some space remaining. It is possible that the bolt is too long and the strobe will not tighten properly, it will appear to be loose. If you continue to tighten the strobe you can break the mount off the strobe. A small washer that is missing can cause big problems if it was required to adjust the spacing between the bolt and the strobe.

Hi,

Please excuse my complete lack of being able to assemble just about anything (although I can put ikea things together :wink: ) but I've got that screw adapator from Yuzo and instead of being worried that the screw is too long, it looks too short! I'm not sure if I'm putting it together correctly...underneath the strobe, near where the fibreoptic cable is to a black o-ring - is that where the screw goes? Do I leave the o-ring on or not? If anyone has a picture of how they have done theirs that would be great.

Thanks,

It's ok now...my flatmate has sorted it out for me. I knew I had a male around teh house for a reason :wink:

Back
Top Bottom