Fisheye search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver9824

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a canon 570is w/ housing. I am looking to add a wide angle lense to it and want to know if there are any opinions or suggestions...

I have a canon 570is w/ housing. I am looking to add a wide angle lense to it and want to know if there are any opinions or suggestions...

Yes there are, I have all of them and have used them all on both the Ikelite and Canon DC-12 housings, if you like you can PM me for more info.

N

I hesitate to put these comparative photos up because the last time they were misunderstood. The "spa" photos were done in poor lighting, no strobe, I did not try to focus, I did not care about lighting, their only purpose is to show the horizontal FOV and NOTHING else. The curved bottom of the spa and the lighting make it appear as if there is vignetting or corner light drop off, it is strictly an artifact of the shooting conditions and nothing else.

Ikelite with 570, Inon 100WAL with dome:

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0609_edited-1-1.jpg

and

IMG_1080.jpg

Canon DC-12 with 570 and Inon 165AD fisheye:

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Canon 570 through flat port at 35mm, BTW, a so called 28mm "wide angle" would add about an inch or two to each side, hardly wide angle:

IMG_0063.jpg

Canon 570 through flat port, full zoom:

IMG_0064.jpg

Canon DC-12 on Ikelite tray:

DSCF0027.jpg

Canon 570 in Ikelite tray with Inon 165AD fisheye and homemade adapter:

DSCF0022-1.jpg

Canon 570 in Ikelite with 100WAL and dome corrector:

ChisVintageDiverPics2009034.jpg

Inon AD series, the 165AD fisheye is a fun lens:

inonlenses1.jpg

For what it is worth, that is how it is, there is much more but not in the mood.

No Photoshop, no RAW BTW. You can install the useful RAW hack on the 570.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom