Fisheye Lens Guidance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHC8981

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a fisheye lens and I've used it twice now--both times the pictures are awful--distorted, fuzzy. I do not believe it is the lens, I believe it is operator error :(. Can you (or anyone) please point me to a forum or literature or ANYTHING that might help me as I really need guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Sharon

Thanks for the reply...sorry it took me so long to get back to you (thought I had posted a reply--but rookie here :( ).
The first time I used it I made the mistake of putting it on whilest on the boat. After terrible results and missed opportunities with 13 lemon sharks, I read the directions....urrrgggghhhh.
I did put it on in the water the last two or three times I've used it, but the results were lousy. I didn't not have it on macro, so I will read the link you sent me and give that a try.
Again, thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I've seen the great results this camera can get so I know it's possible.

I've tried that also. Removed it underwater and replaced it. Camera set to Macro and still the same results. Any suggestions?

what is the focusing range of the 1400 with the fish eye lens? will it focus if the camera is not set to macro or is it always be out of focus no matter the distance to the subject?

The DC1400 must be set to Macro focus or Super Macro focus when using the fisheye.
Macro Focus range is 3” to infinity and Super Macro is 1” to infinity.
You will find some helpful tips on the SeaLife website:
Product updates: DC1400 Tips and Technical Updates | Sealife Cameras
“Great Pictures Made Easy”, which is on the SeaLife website Technical Support section
The still picture and video mode each have their own focus setting.

Pictures will still be out of focus and you need to turn off the Quick Shot setting. Shutter button pressed half way will give a green reticle if focused or red if not. Just setting it to Macro or Super will not resolve your problem. Once I discovered the solution by turning off Quick Shot, I have discovered new possibilities and camera angles. I think you should update the manual as owners are still having issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom