fisher connector orings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As far as I can tell there is no way to remove and replace these. Do you just replace the whole socket when its gone bad?

Is there a reasonable way to test the integrity of the fisher on my predator and petrel before its gone bad to the point of green corroded failure?

I have mine completely filled with mineral oil. I usually remove them about once every 10dives, apply deoxit gold, replace the mineral oil and reattach.

Think it's a full replace job, but not sure if there is a test option tbh.

you can also rewire the connector in some cases, but it involves some pretty precise soldering. The orings for fischer are internal to the connector, so you have to desolder the wire and remove the connector in order to access.

Think it's a full replace job, but not sure if there is a test option tbh.
That's what I thought.

I guess I was hoping there might be a pressure pot type of test I could have done every few years. I don't even know how long the oring lasts typically.

Back
Top Bottom