fish faces - breakwater - monterey, ca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuggler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
cabezon hiding in kelp
IMG_1985.jpg

painted greenling
IMG_1994.jpg

lingcod
IMG_1987.jpg

black eyed goby on a starfish
IMG_2029.jpg

juvenile yellow rockfish
IMG_1997.jpg

I think this is a juvenile sculpin. I'm not 100% sure though.
IMG_2045.jpg

I've got a mask on and I'm splashing salt water on myself and trying to find Maryanne.

Great pics, Fuggler. Where'd you find the Yellow Black rockfish. We hardly ever see them.

Thanks, guys. :)

Larry - I think I saw that rockfish on our way back, probably between 20-30 feet at Breakwater. It immediately hid under a pile of rocks when my strobes fired.

LOVELY photos! I'd love to know what that sculpin is, too.

Hi! Rob sent me your link. Wow, those are beautiful photos! I definitely think its a juvenile sculpin. Getting more specific, it could be a juvenile cabezon, based on the cirri over the eyes and one on the snout, and the coloration. Oh, the rockfish is a black-and-yellow rockfish. The hyphens make it official :)

Hi! Rob sent me your link. Wow, those are beautiful photos! I definitely think its a juvenile sculpin. Getting more specific, it could be a juvenile cabezon, based on the cirri over the eyes and one on the snout, and the coloration. Oh, the rockfish is a black-and-yellow rockfish. The hyphens make it official :)

Thanks, Diane! I can always count on you for IDing stuff. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom