First Upload

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaBob

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a picture upload to this site, so here goes. My thanks to Dee and to DailyLunatic for guidance as to how to do this. DL sent me to a Marcus Ward article on usefilm.com called "Achieving Sharpness for Web Images." I did my best to follow the instructions....good article!

This is one of my first UW photos. It was shot on the East End of Grand Cayman in the early 80s. My first rig was a Nikonos III (still in use) and a 35mm lense. I used a 50ws ikelite substrobe. My guess is that I shot this at 1/60 at f5.6 (maybe f8) which is pretty much my standard setting back then. Film was 400asa Kodak print. The image was scanned from a print using an hp photoshop scanner and the caption was added in pictureit! The image you see was prepared for the web using photoshop LE.

I have not used the straight 35mm for years. I started with this picture because it reminded me that you can get a decent shot without an expensive rig.

---Bob

See...that wasn't hard! :wink: Uh...could you make it a bit bigger so we can see it better?

This is a shot at resizing. Obviously, I will need to experiment to get it right. Lets see how this turns out.

---Bob

Much better!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom