First try at roll call thread for BON - February 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is too quiet here this weekend so thought I would try this to see if I could get some conversation going. I know I got back a week ago but am heading back in 8 weeks. Will be there February 10-17, staying at Divi and using their tanks. Getting my truck from Island Car Rentals. This is a dive shop trip so it includes boat dives which I will partake of very sparingly. Going to Rappel, Forest or some other place that I can't drive to I will get on a boat for the first time in years.

If boat diving is included keep an open mind and give them a try. Also, see if you can get them to go to Karl's Vision.

We will be on the island Feb 18-25th. Staying at Delfin's. We will probably try a boat dive or two. We have not visited the far north sites, perhaps that will be one of our target boat dives.

We will be on the island Feb 18-25th. Staying at Delfin's. We will probably try a boat dive or two. We have not visited the far north sites, perhaps that will be one of our target boat dives.
@morecowbells - Since you are staying at Delfins, will you be diving and getting your tanks with Dive Friends? I assume so. Certainly would be most convenient since they are the on site dive op for Delfins. If so, Dive Friends does boat dives to northern sites only on Wednesday and Saturday. All other days are to Klein Bonaire. Bonaire Boat Diving - Dive Friends Bonaire

Also, Mrs. Trailboss and I just happened to be the first divers to grace the new wooden stairs down to the water and the cordoned off area for the buoyancy check at Delfins 2 weeks ago from yesterday.
upload_2017-12-18_17-45-23.png

@Trailboss123 , excellent info! I am not sure when the dock will be completed at Delfins, but we are definitely going through Dive Friends. In the past we used their Yellow Submarine and Hamlet Oasis locations and were very happy with everything them. I think we will do one day at the northern sites and one day diving east with Bas. We enjoyed diving with him a couple of years ago.

@Trailboss123 , excellent info! I am not sure when the dock will be completed at Delfins, but we are definitely going through Dive Friends. In the past we used their Yellow Submarine and Hamlet Oasis locations and were very happy with everything them. I think we will do one day at the northern sites and one day diving east with Bas. We enjoyed diving with him a couple of years ago.
If you can get out with Bas, definitely do that. I had time scheduled with him our week, but the east coast winds were just too strong all week and there was no going out safely (see foto below). I asked again about the dock the day before we left the island, because you and I had discussed it earlier and I had a brain fade about telling you my findings - so, thanks for the reminder!- I will say that the dock at Delfin's is like 100% not gonna happen before you arrive-- if ever. Super complicated-- you can discuss with the on site Dive Friends folks when you get there. So, just plan on doing any boat dives from their other locations.

upload_2017-12-18_18-31-11.png

Back
Top Bottom