First Trip to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazon

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Now I know what PBD is all about....

Arrived back from 9 days in Bonaire on the 7th (OK, 1am on the 8th thanks to USAir).

We are all ready talking about our return trip. Can't say enough good things about the diving, the island, the people, and our accommodations were awesome (Deep Blue View).

Hubby will be posting a full trip report with pics. I'm too busy day dreaming about our trip :wink:

Sorry to hear your suffering PBD, I know the feeling. :)
Welcome to the support group.

LOL. Yes, I now understand what it's all about. When we first arrived, we took a look around and thought "what's the big deal? Looks like Arizona, but with the ocean. Why does everyone say it's a beautiful place?" After just a couple of days, we were converted. Now we get it! :D

I had pretty much the same reaction the first time as well, now just can't wait to get back.

I feel your pain!! looking at booking my next trip as well-The Continental flights from Houston starting in December look great! Its along haul from the west coast but worth it!
Look forward to the report!

Hey I'm going to Bonaire in two days, what should I do there besides diving and what should I look out for? Thanks.

BigGameJamesWorthy:
Hey I'm going to Bonaire in two days, what should I do there besides diving and what should I look out for? Thanks.

I envy you! Have a wonderful time.

If you can, take the time to go through Washington Slagbaii (sp?) National Park in the north. The park closes at 5pm, so you have to start your journey by noon at the latest.

Also leave time to drive through the southern end of the island. You can even go to Jibe City and watch the windsurfers. Or give it a try yourself - we just watched.

I'm sure there's more to do there, but we were doing 3+ dives a day and loving it. If you like to night dive, leave room for that too.

As far as things to watch out for, just follow the suggestions on not locking your truck and don't leave anything in it you'd miss. We never had our truck rummaged through.

Hope you have a great time, and look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.

PS: if you want to find our more about our experience there, you can go to bonairetalk.com and find our trip report

http://www.bonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/1022/231830.html?1121439813

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom