First Trip out with Inon D-180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be making my first trip out with my D-180 with a coolpix4300. Any one can advise on what to look out for when using this combo? Tried in on land and seem to work ok EXCEPT for extreme closeups when pics come out dark (flash do not seem to be synced or not enuff power on the Inon).

:06:

Good luck on your trip. I'm still getting to grips with my D-180 but getting some good results already (well I'm pleased lol). Just shoot loads.

Scubapauly:
Good luck on your trip. I'm still getting to grips with my D-180 but getting some good results already (well I'm pleased lol). Just shoot loads.

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing any info regarding the Inon...
I'm thinking at buying them too...
will keep an eye on this one...

thanx..

Wolverine,
The issue is not insufficient power. If that was the case the more distant shots would be dark. It is more likely the position of the strobe head versus the subject. Move the strobe head around and try different angles. If you move the strobe to the left side of the subject you may create a shadow or dark spot on the right and vice versa. Placing it directly up and over the subject may work but may create a dark spot/ shadow under the subject depending on the size of it.
Quite often I find that backing away from the subject and compensating by zooming in will give better results as it allows you to aim the strobe straight on at the subject.
Experiment and see what works best for you but remember each situation is different. That's the great thing about digital. Just take several pics at several angles and select the best one.

Yeah,
I think of it (strobe placing) like the moon and it's shadows...
Sometimes haveing a dark shawdow will help with a dramatic affect...
As Gilligan stated, just keep taking several pics and later figure out which works best...
Practice, practice, practice... heheh... it never ends...

Will definitely try to get as much practice in as possible... did some adjustment on the strobe to compensate and the land pics came out ok.... now to test it underwater... watch this space! I will post the pics that I will take next week in the Philippines. :eyebrow:

Heheheh.... Diving the PIs... now that's gotta be tough... (joking)
What? a 3 hour flight???

Get some good ones.. ;-))

From HK, 1.5hr to Manila and a 3hr road/boat journey to Puerto Galera. Best place to go from HK. Lots of dive sites dotted all over the country. I am already planning a trip next year to Tubbahata, the jewel of Philippines diving. Atolls in the middle of the Sulu sea and only diveable 3months of the yaer (Mar to Jun). :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom