First time Scuba Club Cozumel in 11 days. Looking for some advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunday in the Square, try the cup of corn and stuff in the SW corner. It'll be the family with the ice cream too. Look for the line of locals. I love that stuff... (and I have forgotten the name again....)

Pozole ?

Hmm.. That isnt ringing a bell. I will check a week from Sunday!!! I really love that stuff. Second time I got some, the guy says, "The ice cream is over there" pointing to the next counter over. I had to assure him I wanted the corn.

Do they still have the guys that paint pictures with spray paint in and around the square? If so, what is the going rate for a picture now?

There are a couple of guys there now. We bought one "custom" made for $20 and as usual the price is negotiable. :) My wife asked him "Aren't you concerned about the paint fumes" He answered: "No, I LIKE it... " LMAO...

[Pozole is hominy stew.]

Ask for esquites (es -KEY -tez). Fresh corn cooked with epazote and topped with cotija cheese, chili arbol molido, mayonaise, lime juice, salt and pepper. To die for!

esquites.jpg

image from laist.com

Thank you for the reply Merfman. Those pictures are so neat and is amazing how fast they can do them and when we tell people it is done by spray paint they are very surprised. I am looking forward to getting some more when we go back. I am wondering if anyone has ever taken them a picture to copy and if they are able to do so?

I am wondering if anyone has ever taken them a picture to copy and if they are able to do so?
The way those guys work is they have a set of stock images they have developed, and they mix and match them to make different pictures. If you brought them a picture done the same way, they might be able to copy it, but a photograph, probably not.

[Pozole is hominy stew.]

Ask for esquites (es -KEY -tez). Fresh corn cooked with epazote and topped with cotija cheese, chili arbol molido, mayonaise, lime juice, salt and pepper. To die for!

esquites.jpg

image from laist.com

Bless, you jlyle.... My mouth watered looking at it. I think it must not be well known outside the local circle. I was always the only gringo in line.
(I also saved the name to my phone so I can look up the name there. I learned to say "I want it to go" last time. Add this and I might have a whole sentence.....)

Don't worry, mkull - one can eat well in Coz without resorting to water logged corn kernels. :eek:

Don't worry, mkull - one can eat well in Coz without resorting to water logged corn kernels. :eek:

DON, How could you knock the corn? Have you had it? It aint Kinta, but its REALLY good. Are you the guy that was in the wrong line and wanted ice cream? :icecream::icecream:

Back
Top Bottom