First time diving cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mazeoffury

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First time traveling to cozumel and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for dive sites, places to visit, places to eat, etc. I will be there for a week and want to make the best of it.

dive sites, places to visit, places to eat, etc.
A lot of that depends on where you are staying and how you are getting around. The island is over 20 driveable miles from end to end, almost nine miles wide, and taxis can get expensive depending on your negotiating skills. Many of those drivers like to charge tourists extra when they can, and since it's their cab - they're in a stronger position.

I like to stay downtown, then walk to restaurants, and I am not one to walk far! You may have different plans and preferences.

First time traveling to cozumel and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for dive sites, places to visit, places to eat, etc. I will be there for a week and want to make the best of it.
I respectfully suggest that you mine this site for information for a while and come back with refined questions.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

This forum gets these questions alot. Thanks Rich for being helpful!

Here are some discussions of food here and some from TA (TA loves to talk good)

Need authentic local food in cozumel

3rd Trip- What restaurants should I try? - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

Restaurants - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

Things to do

Best things to do ?? - Cozumel Forum - TripAdvisor

Dives sites are really whatever the DM recommends. I enjoy them all!

Cozumel Dive Sites - Scuba Diving Resource

You know NDL_Diver, I just do not trust Tripadvisor anymore. It's too much of a fee based booking site, and the reviews are manipulated & faked so much. Greed ruined it.

I will be there for a week and want to make the best of it.

My 2nd link was my effort to research and tie it together (you can find more threads on where to eat in Cozumel than you can find for everything for some other destinations!), but if you're more specific it may help narrow it down.

Where will you stay? In town vs. a southern A.I. resort will make a big difference in practicalities.

How will you get around? Are you walking, taking taxies, renting a car or staying on an all-inclusive property?

As for dive sites, those will likely to chosen by the dive op. based on their best current info. (considering conditions, maybe they know what other op. traffic is like, etc...). I'm assuming your focus is boat diving, not shore diving.

Richard.

There is nothing to see or do in Cozumel, and the diving is meh... I suggest finding a different island.

We have been going there for years. Most of the time we go with Dive Palancar and we thoroughly like their local dive guides. Avoid Pro Dive. Pro dive is a baby divemaster factory. My son did have one positive bull shark trip with pro dive in Cancun. I've not had any such experience with them in either place.

Back
Top Bottom