First post and introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikDog7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good morning,
I think this is my first forum post ever. I just got back into diving after about a 15 year break. I got certified in my 20's and dove with friends for a few years. Got out of the service and moved back to the Midwest and life got real busy. I didn't care for 47F water so I didn't stay proficient. Now I'm at a different stage in life...a.k.a. empty nester...and my love for diving has come back strong. I moved to the Phoenix area and found out there are plenty of diving opportunities close by. The 107 air temp offsets the 57 water temp pretty nicely.
Happy diving.
RD

@RikDog7
Thank you for your service to the USA & Welcome to the west !

Over 65 years ago, during and after Korea I was stationed at Luke AFB in Glendale.
Lead by the late Christopher "Kit" Horn, who has briefly worked at Rene Spots (US Divers -now Aqua Lung) we made Bill Barada designed CO 2 spear guns from surplus items. ( I still have the spear gun and authored an article "The Magnicent Gas gun" in my dedicated column "The way it was" in the now defunct Discover Diving about 30 years ago-- time flys by )

Ernesto Zarasota had promoted the first and only "International spearfishing meet" at San Carlos Bay in 1955 - won by John Gaffney of NADS fame. We heard about it and Zoomed off to San Carlos bay to spear fish.

In retrospect we were the first divers in Phoenix and the first out side of the competition to dive San Carlos

So many memories of dives and good and great friends long gone

Enjoy the west -- if you are approved by Hoosier @jon Hall you are OK with me !

SAM MILLER III

(google Bill Barada & Kit Horn )

CC CE @Marie13

I traded my ice scraper in for a grill scraper when I moved out to the southwest. I turn on the heat in my truck when it gets below 79F, so I don't think I can hang with Lowviz, sorry man. <Wink>

howdy and welcome from southeast florida..good luck with your return to the underwater world..

Back
Top Bottom