First hint of lilac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Spent several hours working in the yard today. We have several lilac bushes. Today was the first day in which there was a hint of lilac fragrance in the air. Tells me spring is really here.

I am jealous! There are few things I miss about the north but the smell of Spring is one them! Lilacs, forsynthia, tulips, daffodils, crocus and dogwoods just to name a few! Take a deep whiff for me!

ReneeC:
I am jealous! There are few things I miss about the north but the smell of Spring is one them! Lilacs, forsynthia, tulips, daffodils, crocus and dogwoods just to name a few! Take a deep whiff for me!
Its all in bloom now. Several deep whiffs have been taken in your honor :happywave

I was in the garden today and got soaking wet.

Tells me things don't change in this country whether it's spring or not :D

ScubaFreak:
I was in the garden today and got soaking wet.

Tells me things don't change in this country whether it's spring or not :D
Sure glad its over there. We've had beautiful weather here for 5 days I think. Last year though we had nothing but cool, wet weather. Lilacs didn't do so well. If the weather holds Imay just gt enough yard work done to be able to go diving this weekend.

jbd:
Its all in bloom now. Several deep whiffs have been taken in your honor :happywave

I haven't smelled lilacs for years.....please take a whiff for me....I'll smell the orange blossoms for you!

Lilacs, schylacs. I'm startin' to smell the stink, too.This town gets lousy with 'em. People in these parts are obsessed with the purple weeds, as you can see right HERE.

Rick Inman:
Lilacs, schylacs. I'm startin' to smell the stink, too.This town gets lousy with 'em. People in these parts are obsessed with the purple weeds, as you can see right HERE.
Now Rick--if you would learn to appreciate the fragrance of lilacs you wouldn't look like that guy in the picture under your name. Instead you would probably be some handsome debonair guy that makes the ladies swoon :wink:

Maya:
I haven't smelled lilacs for years.....please take a whiff for me....I'll smell the orange blossoms for you!
Several deep whiffs have been taken in your honor also:happywave

I've never smelled an orange blossom.

I was just up in Portland last week and was excited to see some lilacs in bloom there. There were also dogwoods, forsythia, and azaleas blooming all over the place. Living here, one can kind of forget about that kind of seasonal change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom