First Guided Dive Advice (last day of Divemaster course)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradStyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello professional dive world!

Tomorrow is the last day of my PADI Divemaster course and I'll be doing my first guided dives under observation. I'm excited and a bit nervous, guessing all the normal feelings. Background, I've got about 600 dives over the past eight years, 500 of which are in the last three. I've done 100 dives since the beginning of the year, so I feel really current.

I know all of the things I'm supposed to do for the dive briefing. And I think I know what to do in the water and on the dive. But of course I'd love to hear from anyone with experience, there are still probably tons of practical things I've never considered.

Any tips, insights? Reflections on when you were in my shoes?

THANKS

I like to talk to them before it about dive experience but I like to do it in a way that is not directly asking dive experience. IE asking them whats has been the best dive they had. What dive sucked. That kinda thing. I find they have been more forthcoming with actual experience level not just cert level. Like a person who has never been in cold murky lake water but is a advanced diver. They might not want to sound less experienced then how they feel “EGO”.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom