First Dives with GoPro Hero4 Silver in St Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburdick1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I've edited my first batch of GoPro Video shot while diving in St Thomas. It's posted here on youtube:

For some reason it's not letting the video display at 1080p, though I encoded the video at 1080p. I need to look into this.

I used a Flip 3.1 filter system with the Shallow and Dive filters, according to depth. As these were my first dives with the camera, I think it's easy to see that my technique improved over the course of the 5 dives.

A few notes: I need to work on keeping the camera more steady while shooting. In the beginning,I was aiming the camera too high and the subjects were all at the bottom of the frame. This is because the LCD on the back of the camera had powered down. On later dives I changed the settings to leave the LCD on. Also, I was using the quick capture option to record video and save batteries. The camera took a few seconds to get the white balance right, so there is some changing of white balance in some of the clips which i think I can deal with by leaving the camera on and therefore have consistent white balance.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom