First Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruu

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK,

First dive with my own camera worth more than a six pack of beer on Saturday. Having read a lot of advice-filled posts, I am sort of prepared, but additional suggestions / reminders are welcome...

I have the camera, I have the housing, I have my own special dunk tank (OK, its a cooler). I am DEPP'd. I am going to take the housing on a dry run before I put the camera in. Get low, get close, shoot up. Use the macro mode. Bracket shots (is it me or this this the "clueless idiot" mode?). Don't trust people with a Canon / Sony. Don't panic when I see hinge bubbles. Stop taking it all so seriously - you've taken pictures before.

Dave

The macro is good within an arms reach, after that turn it off. If you are using only the cameras internal flash, turn it off for anything past 3-4 ft.....it will just cause backscatter and add nothing to the color. For your first go at it, concentrate on subjects that can move faster than you can! :wink:

But you forgot the biggest one......

Have Fun With It !!!!

If it's not fun, why do it? Don't be hard on yourself, we all started just like you!

Have a blast and remember we want to see them all! :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom