First dive with Hollis F2's in the Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I made a few dives in the Comal River, New Braunfels, TX. The Comal remains at 72 degrees year round. The section we dive is approx. 250 yards long and maybe 50 yds at the widest point. Depth is 5 to 12 ft. Visibility today was 30 ft +. There is a steady, moderate current. It was the perfect day to test out my Hollis F2's that I got for Christmas. This was the first time I've gotten fins that I did not first try out and I was very pleased with the F2's. The first thing is their weight, or lack of. I had no sensation of having fins on my feet. They are slightly bouyant which was immediately noticable in the shallower sections, especially when frog kicking. But once I got past 8 ft or so, they leveled out nicely. They functioned quite well with the standard kick, frog kick, and flutter. They performed extremely well when swimming against the current, cutting through it as well or better than any fin I've had before (Spiro Jets, Rockets, Cressi Rondine A's, Aqualung Blades II Flex). The unique F2 design, which admittedly was what got my attention, has proven to be more than just a marketing ploy. I can't wait to give them a real workout in Bonaire in May.

Back
Top Bottom