First dive trip........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandyke

Registered
Reaction score
My very first dive trip is coming up in 3 weeks. I am going to Cozumel with my instructors and a few students. What I was wondering is there anything any one can suggest that I need to take along that I might not think of? I have the basics - just a little nervous and don't want to forget something important.

Thank you.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

You'll find some good ideas in this thread. There are some packing tips here.

Another tip: make a list of everything you're taking. When you come back, add all the things you wish you'd taken. After four trips, my list is still evolving, but at least I know I'll get through the weekend.

Latest addition: spare pens. I always get buddied up with someone who needs to borrow one!

I find my list especially helpful for dive gear. If I pack everything on the list, in the order it appears on the list, crossing things off as I go, I *know* I've got everything. Sounds crazy, probably is crazy, but it saves a lot of last-minute rooting about in the bag checking on everything.

Have a great trip!

Zept

I learned a looong time ago to be prepared. Take something for seasickness. Even if you have never gotten sick before! Nothing like seasickness to ruin your first trip!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom