First Dive of 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well the high tide was right today and I had nothing else to do, so naturally like a magnet I was drawn to Morro Bay. No spectacular subjects found, but the Hermissendas and the anemones are always there. Water was VERY cold (50F).

anemone1.jpg

hermi1.jpg

metridiums.jpg

moon_anemone.jpg

corynactis1.jpg

2_hermis.jpg

The little decorator crabs are so well camouflaged that you can't find them in the image. Can you spot him in this one?

crab_dorid.jpg

Nice shots. Too bad nothing spectacular to shoot (?). Seems pretty cool to me.

joetex0777:
I wish we could have some nothing to look at dives like that here....

You ain't kidding!

Parobolic, the second and fourth shots are stunning. The rest are awesome, too.

The Hermissendas are cool, Ken. Love the lighting on the Metridia and the Tube Anemones. I like your field of strawberries, too. The crabs crack me up. You'll see why when I post my New Years dive. I've got one shot of four of the little guys fighting over a pair of San Diego Dorids just like yours. They must make a good lunch or something. At least one of yours didn't decorate his claw very well!

Thanks Charlie, joetex, AXL, Larry, Mike. Charlie, joetex, AXL I admit I take that site for granted sometimes. Even if you don't see any of the more unusual subjects the old regulars still make a nice dive. Larry that crab didn't seem to show much interest in the dorid, maybe I should have stuck around longer :)

Back
Top Bottom