First Dive In HK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjrascoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been living here for a while now, but finally decided to get out in the water. We tried for one foot rock, but the current was ripping to fast and the boat had too many divers and not enough dinghys to responsibly attempt a drift dive. We relocated between the Ninepin Islands to get out of the current, and had a 2 tank dive there. Visibility was horrible, around 1M, but managed to see some cool stuff. More importantly got out on the water and made some new friends. I went out on a local boat and was the only foreigner, but the staff was really awesome in giving me briefings in English and paired me up 1:1 with a divemaster to show me around (no extra charge). Will give it another shot this upcoming weekend to see if the visibility has cleared up after the few weeks of rain we’ve had.

I also see a lot of stuff on the web about SCDC, and saw their group at the Sai Kung pier when I was walking to my boat. Are any of the members here part of SCDC, looks like a fairly active club, would love to hear how the experience is.

Contact them or even attend their weekly gathering at ABC every Thurs. Best to turn up after 21:00. You won't be able to buy any drink on your own because it is an exclusive club but there is a way out of it!!
Local BSAC club.
They also run foreign trip occasionally. Just remember all the trips are NON profit making.
Have fun in HK.

Back
Top Bottom